Online shopping has taken on much more force in the wake of the pandemic, but it has continued to generate distrust in many who feel their personal and banking information is too exposed.
Therefore, today we will talk about some recommendations for you to make a secure online payment. We will show you a list of the most recognized e-commerce; in them, the risk of being a victim of cyber theft is really low.
We know that currently everything is handled from the cell phone, so let’s see some recommendations that you should follow before going to the shopping cart of any electronic commerce and the best equipment to protect your information.
A cell phone for safe online shopping
As cyber attacks have increased, we want you to meet the Wings Mobile W4 and W7, the ideal devices to protect sensitive data such as credit card numbers and bank passwords. Why?
These phones have eight native services, but today we will talk about the three most relevant to make a secure online payment, they are the Wings Play Store, Secure Call and Guardian.
- Wings Play Store : this application store guarantees complete privacy of the apps that are installed and the transactions you carry out. How? Well, in the Google and Apple marketplaces, you must register with an email to access these services and download apps, in addition, all this activity is traceable and cybercriminals can steal your data. For its part, the Wings Play Store is anonymous and does not require the use of emails or phones to download the apps you want.
- Secure Call : provides triple level of security (TLS, ZRTP and ICE TECHNOLOGY in P2P networks) in encrypted calls, in this way, if they call you from banks to confirm data, there is no way that third parties can access the conversation to steal information.
What does each level consist of?
- TLS: Translates Transport Layer Security, it is a cryptographic protocol with which protection is guaranteed in Internet communications.
- ZRTP: or key agreement protocol, which uses an algorithm called Diffie-Hellman, with which temporary keys are created used to encrypt the information flow, in this way, not even Wings Mobile will be able to access the audio channels. Making calls completely private.
- ICE TECHNOLOGY in P2P networks: they protect all the data and information that is exchanged between the interconnected devices, in this way, the documents, photos, locations, etc., that you send, can only be seen by the recipient.
- Guardian : it is a native Wings Mobile service, which protects you in case third parties want to capture audio or images without your consent. In this way, you will be notified when someone accesses your camera or microphone to record you without your knowing, while the app protects your information and takes care of possible attacks.
Each of these tools comes in Wings Mobile phones, no activation process is necessary, because they are already installed to function properly.
How much do they cost and how to activate them?
If you wonder whether you have to pay any value for using them, we tell you that the Wings Play Store and Guardian applications have no additional cost; while the Secure Call function requires a recharge to activate native services.
This process is very simple, you just have to go to www.wingsmobile.com, look for the option ‘Recharges’ and select ‘Recharge native services’; You will find plans from 12 USD so you can choose the one that works best for you.
More relevant features of the W4 and W7
In addition to their security levels, these devices have an excellent 6.5 ”screen for the W4 and 6.3” for the W7, in addition to an ergonomic design so that they are comfortable to use, they have a built-in fingerprint reader, NFC technology and a Helio A25 processor for quick browsing in online stores.
Remember that these applications will improve your security experience when browsing and shopping online. Well, the W4 and the W7 are, without a doubt, an excellent option to keep your information protected.
Tips to make purchases online safely on other devices
As you can see, Wings Mobile phones are the safest option for making online payments. However, if your smartphone is from other brands, which provide less security, it will be important that you follow these tips so that your experience when buying online from your cell phone is the most optimal. Make note of each one!
- Install an antivirus on your device, this will prevent a Trojan from entering the system during the purchase process and stealing your financial information.
- Keep your computer’s software up to date, as security patches are added with each update to protect you from third parties easily accessing your phone.
- Do not make purchases using public networks, many times these are only a hook to extract sensitive data.
- Make purchases online only on web portals whose address begins with ‘HTTPS’ and shows a padlock in the link bar. This will mean that the information handled within that portal is encrypted.
- Find out as much as you can about the store, look for opinions in browsers, social networks and forums.
What payment methods are there?
If you are not an expert on the subject and are suspicious because of the little information you have, we are going to explain the ways you can go to make a secure online payment.
By credit card
It is fast and convenient, most online establishments have this method using Visa or MasterCard cards. It is not very reliable if you doubt the website where you will make the transaction, because you must enter the complete data that is on the plastic.
With debit card
The process may take a bit longer, the money must be deducted from your bank account, but the advantage is that to finalize the transaction you do not have to enter any data on the buyer’s website. Well, you will always be redirected to your bank’s platform, making the payment secure.
Other payment platforms
There are independent services that allow you to make transactions, among them you will find PayPal, WePay or Google Pay. In them you can deposit your money and then make purchases in online stores, as if it were a virtual wallet.
Payment against delivery
Although not all e-commerce offer this facility, it is a viable option for those who have doubts about making payments online. Well, this alternative allows you to make the purchase of the product and accept the transaction only when the item arrives.
Best Ecommerce Stores
We want to share with you this information about the safest e-commerce stores by categories. This way you will have several options when you want to shop online.
If you are going to buy tickets or book hotels, you should keep these pages in mind:
- Take off
- Latam Airlines
- United Airlines
- Lufthansa Group
To access premium content and be able to watch movies or series, without ads or pop-ups, you will find different platforms, these are the best:
- Amazon Video
- Disney +
- HBO Go
To make addresses and pay online, we leave you this list with the applications where your purchases will be safe:
- Rappi (in some Latin American countries)
- Glovo (Latam and Europe)
- Uber Eats
- Deliveroo (Much of Europe)
Chain stores (Retail)
If you want to buy or look for the technology section of large chain stores, we leave you the most reliable stores in the digital world:
- Schwarz Group
- Costco Wholesale Corporation
- The Home Depot
- Tesco PCL
As you can see, you have varied options no matter what you are looking for. The Internet is a great solution to be able to make purchases without leaving home, and although you still see it unsafe to make payments in e-commerce stores, we invite you to follow the tips that we share so that your data is protected.
Write us in the comments, what other precautions do you take when making online payments and what is your favorite portal when you decide to buy online.
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —