Currently, anyone who uses a smartphone will know what an application store is and surely you have more than 10 applications on your cell phone such as WhatsApp, Netflix, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
The download is very simple, because you only go to your mobile application store, search for it and install it, but do you know how it works and what a marketplace is? Here we will explain.
How does it work and what is a marketplace?
Its main objective is for users to be able to access and install different apps on their mobile phone and what really keeps people awaiting their cell phone are the applications that they install there.
The computers bring pre-installed apps such as the calendar or the clock, but to be honest, a phone would not be so useful if it weren’t for the applications that we decided to install and that help us in our day to day.
In mobile application stores, any company or person can publish their own apps, but not before going through a filter that determines each Marketplace.
What app stores are there?
As the stores work on the cell phone operating system, we have two that are the most recognized and used: Android Play Store and Apple AppStore.
If as a developer you want your apps to be available to Android users, the development will have certain parameters and to publish them there, you will have to create a developer account in the Play Store.
Likewise, if you want your mobile applications on iOS devices, their code will be a specific one and to upload them you will have to create a developer account in AppStore.
How does the Play Store work?
This Google application store is the most famous for downloading tools on phones with Android operating system and shows a list of programs that must first pass a filter to be accepted.
- Wide range of free and paid applications, of different categories.
- Automatic update of downloaded apps.
- Due to its security protocol, the applications are safe and reliable, free of malware and possible cyber-theft attempts.
- Provides the parental control option so that parents can prohibit access or search results to apps with adult content.
- In the presentation of each application you will see a section of comments and ratings that you can guide yourself before installing any app.
- The apps are open source, so it is very easy to make them to upload them to the Marketplace, so you will see too many options for the same category, making the selection process for download more delayed.
- Responding to requests for app crashes can take weeks.
- It requires registration to use it and download apps.
How does the AppStore work?
The Apple Marketplace is the application store for Apple devices, it was just launched, it had only 500 apps and currently it has 2.5 million.
Its code is different from that of Google Play so creators who want to see their program in both stores will have to program it separately.
- Their verification process to upload an app is quite rigorous, thus they protect the information of their users and prevent any virus or spam that may come in the software.
- Any app that you download on an apple device can be synchronized to use it on other devices such as iPad, iPod, etc.
- Notifies you when there are apps that require manual update.
- Some applications that are free on Android, you will see them to buy in the AppStore. Even some components that are cheaper than its competition, AppStore charges for much more.
- You will not see apps to modify the appearance of the phone, or to add Widgets on the screen.
- By using a different code, it implies a greater investment for programmers who want to publish their apps in this store.
- You must register to access the application gallery.
Marketplaces other than Play Store and AppStore to download your mobile applications
But, in case you didn’t know, there are different app marketplaces and today we will talk about them. You should know first that for the installation of several of them you will have to eliminate the limitations set by Google Play and Apple.
Now a short explanation before continuing: removing Apple’s limitations on iOS devices implies doing a Jailbreak to configure the stores and for Google Play on Android it is known as Root. Both actions provide unrestricted access to the system.
With this understood, we can continue, because as we mentioned earlier, these work with the operating system of your mobile, so here you will see a list divided between iOS and Android.
IOS app stores
- AltStore: this alternative stands out because unlike others it does not require Jailbreak for its installation, you only need your computer to proceed, but once you have it, you must have an Apple ID to enter.
- vShare: Jailbreak is required to install this Asian development portal, it is available in several languages including Spanish.
- Appolicious: the best known among Apple users, this independent store is also available for Android, with a wide range of free and paid apps. For both cases it requires Jailbreak or Root.
Android app stores
- UpToDown: all its applications are safe, so you will not have to worry about malware that can enter your phone, in its catalog they even have apps that are not available in the Play Store, but for their installation you will have to eliminate the limitations of your computer .
- F-Droid: Root is required to access this program that contains free and open source software for Android applications, has been in the market for 10 years and is one of the best known.
- Wings Play Store: it is the best alternative to access Android apps, you do not need to root and it does not require registration to install applications, this exclusive store for Wings Mobile cell phones guarantees total privacy of the downloads made.
We have already presented you with some alternative app marketplaces options, now we want you to keep some recommendations in mind, since eliminating cell phone limitations is not very safe, let’s see why.
Disadvantages of Root and Jailbreak on your computer
Let’s talk now about the disadvantages of Root and Jailbreak computers, because although doing so you can install any apk, there are also several risks:
Some apps that will not work for you : there are applications that consider Root and Jailbreak a threat to computer security, within these, applications for reading documents or using email stand out.
Apps with unlimited access to your information : once you remove the permissions, what you install on your computer will be outside the SandBox, which is a process isolation to run safe programs.
So the mobile applications you download will be able to access your camera, microphone, send files, etc., all of this without your consent.
Unsolvable software errors : in the process of eliminating limitations, if you do a wrong step or install a file that you should not, your phone may be unusable.
What then is the best option?
As you can see, root or jailbreak your computer to access the administrator and customize your computer as you wish, brings its drawbacks, so it is better that you make sure you have a store with which you should not root or jailbreak your computer . If they exist!
App catalog without modifying your team’s code
There are computers that have an alternative store incorporated, in this way you will not run any risk that could ruin your cell phone. Clearly these alternative stores must be differentiated from the Play Store or AppStore.
Do you remember we mentioned the Wings Play Store? Well, with this catalog you will find all the necessary apps and most importantly, guaranteeing all the security and privacy in your downloads.
You can get it in specialized Wings Mobile equipment, in models like W4 and W7 that, in addition to giving the size to high-end equipment, bring this application store at your disposal.
An app store that doesn’t require registration
Surely you have realized that to access the list of mobile applications you must first enter your email in the Marketplace, one more step that is unnecessary.
The Wings Play Store works perfectly, it allows you to make downloads without the need to access with a username, email or passwords.
By automatically installing applications, stores have access to your tastes and lifestyle that helps them to advertise more, but with the Wings Play Store this will no longer be a problem.
There you will find all the necessary apps, chat, entertainment, games, etc., so that you have them on your computer and the best thing is that it is a store supported by the Android code so that no app has problems in its download or operation.
What do you think of this alternative as an application store? Tell us in the comments if you still dare to root or jail-break your phone, or if, on the contrary, you prefer to access secure programs on your computer that provide privacy.
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —